Domestic Flights Will Resume From 25th May & Here's What's Allowed & What's Not At Airports
Hello, Delhizens! Y’all know that it was recently announced that domestic flights will resume in a calibrated manner by the Government of India from Monday, the 25th of May. Flights have been suspended in the country since 25th March and to ensure that travellers follow all the guidelines of social distancing, a detailed list of rules have been laid down to ensure the same. Here are a few guidelines that will have to be followed at airports by all travellers.
- All the travellers will be thermally screened and they must have the Aarogya Setu App on their phone (except for children below the age of 14). If the thermometer doesn’t turn green or they do not have this app, they won’t be allowed inside the airport premises.
- All passengers will have to wear masks and gloves.
- Trollies won’t be allowed inside the premises except for those required in special cases and these will then be disinfected.
- Seats will be taped off in order to ensure that people observe social distancing norms at the airport.
- All the travellers will have to reach 2 hours before the time of departure and they will be allowed inside only if their flights are within 4 hours.
- All the entry gates of the airport will be opened in order to avoid overcrowding and markers will be placed at these points to ensure social distancing.
- Passengers will be allowed to leave in batches once the flights land.
- The airport operators should make arrangements for sanitization of baggage before entry and the staff should be provided with proper protective gear as directed by the government.
- State governments will have to ensure taxis and public transport services for the airport staffs and passengers. Plus, only selected cab services and private vehicles will be allowed to take the passengers from the airport.
- Mats and Carpets that have been soaked in bleach will be placed at the entrance to disinfect shoes.
- Magazines or newspapers won’t be allowed in the lounges.
- Employees with high fever, cold & cough won’t be allowed to enter the building.
With these new rules in place, it does change the face of air travel in the country!
Sourced Via Livemint & NDTV.com