9 Immunity Boosting Measures Endorsed By The PM That Should Be Followed During COVID-19
The Prime Minister announced on the morning of 14th April that the ongoing nationwide lockdown will be extended till the 3rd of May and he also advised the nation to do 7 things amongst which he mentioned following the recommendations given by the Ministry of AYUSH.
The Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy issued a set of self-care guidelines to boost immunity and help maintain a healthy lifestyle. These will come in handy as the country fights the battle against COVID-19.
Read on to know what these guidelines and recommended measures are!
1. Drink warm water throughout the day.
2. Practice yoga, meditation and Pranayam for at least 30 mins in a day.
3. Make use of haldi, jeera, dhaniya and lahsun in your cooking.
4. Pop about half a teaspoon of Haldi powder in 150ml hot milk and drink it once or twice a day.
5. Make kadha using tulsi (basil), dalchini (cinnamon), kali mirch (black pepper), shunthi (dry ginger), munakka (raisin), gur (jaggery) and lemon juice (optional) and drink it once or twice a day.
6. Take one tablespoon of Chyawanprash in the morning or sugar-free Chyawanprash if you’re diabetic.
7. In the morning and evening, apply sesame oil/coconut oil or ghee in both the nostrils.
8. Take 1 tablespoon of coconut or sesame oil and swish it for about 2-3 mins before spitting it off. Follow this with a warm water rinse and follow this oil pulling therapy once or twice a day.
9. If you have a dry cough or a sore throat take steam with mint leaves or ajwain at least once in a day. Mix lavang (clove) powder with natural sugar or honey and take it 2-3 times a day.
Also, do keep in mind that the above measures are not the treatment for COVID-19. These self-care guidelines will help you stay healthy and boost up your immunity. If you have some symptoms, contact the government helpline mentioned below. Stay indoors as much as possible and take care, folks!
Here’s More Info | https://www.mohfw.gov.in/pdf/ImmunityBoostingAYUSHAdvisory.pdf
Call Them | +91 11 23978046 & 1075
Check Out Their Website | http://ayush.gov.in/
Sourced Via The Ministry Of AYUSH