8 Pointers On Quarantine Protocols To Keep In Mind If You're Travelling Via Delhi Airport
Disclaimer: Bearing in mind the current health crisis befalling the city and the world at large, we're tweaking our content policy and recommendations. Stay positive, keep hygiene levels up and don't fall prey to panic and misinformation.
Several flights have been operating under the Vande Bharat Mission during the past few weeks, but there is still a lot of confusion regarding quarantine protocols. Now, since a lot of people are choosing to travel via flights, we thought of telling you about the quarantine norms that you need to keep in mind. Scroll on and make sure you follow these norms to the T.
1. If you’re arriving in the country and landing at the Delhi Airport via a Vande Bharat Mission (VBM) flight, then either you’d have to complete an institutional quarantine for 7 days or opt for a home quarantine for 7 days, in case you’re looking to exit the airport.
2. If you land at the Delhi Airport, have a connecting flight to any other state and you’re not looking to exit the airport, then no institutional or home quarantine is required.
3. If you’re landing at the Delhi Airport after travelling on an international flight, that is not under the VBM & want to exit the airport, then you can choose between either institutional or home quarantine for 7 days.
4. If you arrive in the country and land at the Delhi Airport via an international flight which is not under the VBM and have a further connecting flight, then institutional quarantine is required for 7 days.
5. If you reach the capital under a VBM flight and want to travel to other states via road, either institutional or home quarantine is a must for 7 days.
6. If you’re landing at the Delhi Airport via domestic flight and want to exit the airport, home quarantine for 7 days is mandatory.
7. Similarly, if you’re travelling to another country via VBM or any other international flight but you’re not leaving the airport after arriving from a domestic flight, then no quarantine is applicable. However, do keep in mind about the destination protocols.
8. Home quarantine for 7 days is required if you land at the Delhi Airport via domestic flights and exit to travel to your respective state via road.
Also, if you reside in Delhi-NCR and arrive at the Delhi Airport, you’ll be allowed to travel to Gurgaon and Noida while following the respective state government protocols.
These protocols are issued to protect you and your family, so make sure you follow them to the T.
Sourced Via News18