10 Major Highlights From The New Guidelines Issued By MHA For The Extended Lockdown
The ongoing nationwide lockdown has been extended till the 3rd of May and the Government of India has issued a set of new guidelines about what will remain open and what will be closed to help contain the spread of COVID-19, & we’re here to make it easier for you to understand these new set of rules.
1. All the government offices, except Defence, Treasure, Public Utilities, Disaster Management, National Informatics Centre, Customs Clearance, RBI and RBI regulated financial markets, will remain closed.
2. All the State/Union Territory Government offices, except police, home guards, civil defence, district administration, electricity, water, sanitation, municipal bodies, forest staff, mandis operated by the Agricultural Produce Market Committee, will remain closed.
3. Hospitals, veterinary hospitals, clinics, chemist, pharmacies, nursing homes will remain operational.
4. Apart from grocery shops, ration shops, dairy and milk booths, banks, ATMs, electronic and print media and petrol pumps, all the other commercial and private establishments will remain shut.
5. All the modes of transportation, like metro, rail, flights will remain closed. This does not include the transportation of essential goods, cargo movement, relief and evacuation, interstate movement of goods and cross border movement of essential goods.
6. All the hospitality services are suspended, except hotels, homestays and lodges which are accommodating the people stranded because of lockdown and the established quarantine facilities.
7. All the educational institutions will remain shut.
8. All places of worship are closed and no religious congregations are allowed.
9. Any kind of gathering, be it social, religious or political, is banned.
10. In case anyone is found violating these containment measures, he/she will be fined and legal action will be taken against them.
Along with the above-mentioned measures, it is also important to practice social distancing and proper personal hygiene. Avoid stepping out unless absolutely necessary and stay safe, guys. f you have some symptoms, contact the government helpline mentioned below.
Sourced Via The Ministry Of Home Affairs